Sunday, January 4, 2009

Your kids are watching

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I have told my share of lies in my short 4o years and I'm sure I have done things in front of my kids that I should not have done, but....
GOOD GRIEF!!!!
So on Friday I got up early to take Michael to get some clothes for his upcoming Stock Show and to go get the licence plates for my NEW CAR. While I was getting ready my sister called and said she wanted to go. So we were ready but she wasnt. So I thought I would go to the car wash and wash my car so that the people at the car dealership wouldnt think I was a horrible Car Keeper. So Michael and I wiped the car down and made it look pretty good.
We picked up Stephanie at Brookshires and headed off to town. We stopped by my Mom's work first and had a visit with her and Marty. I always like going to visit my mom at work. Plus she gives me stuff. This time I got a really neat insulated bag and some candy!! Like I need that
Anyway, we then went to get Michael some shirts at the Western Warehouse. Try saying that without singing the song! lol
He got 4 really nice shirts but at 40% off he still spent 90.00 dollars. Wow being a cowboy can be expensive.
None of that really had to do with anything that I want to say other than washing the car knowing that it was in perfect standing when we were done. So here is the real reason for my post...
We went and ate at On The Border and when we were done we went to the car and Michael said Mom there is a dent in your car. I said noway and got out to inspect. Well, what are the chances of the people next to you still being in the car. Slim right. Well I just stand there and look at the dent not believing I have a NEW CAR and it already has a dent in it. My luck. So I look up and the lady throws her hands in the air and says "I didnt do it". Now mind you I didnt ask her if she did it. So here is this WHITE VAN parked next to me and my car sitting there with a big dent with WHITE paint.
I said to her "it's a new car, you did it"!!!
I look in the back seat of her car and there sat a little boy. Probably 8 or 9 years old. Just sitting there looking at me.
I wasnt going to shoot her or anything. I didnt even accuse her of doing it.
So now we have another child in this world who thinks it's ok to lie to get your way out of trouble. That is what bothers me the most!!!
I guess God needed to teach me that lesson.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love, how parents teach their children to lie! I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad....poor kid is getting cheated!

    Oh ya.......that stinks about your car! Doesn't that make you sick?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to have another blog to follow. Welcome to the blogging world:)

    Sorry about the dent in your new car. Boy, she must have been feeling the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you got a new car. I was hoping to see it tonight. Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tagged you on my blog if you want to play along.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the mother of two teenage boys. I have worked for Sprint for 10 years. I love my family. I thank God for showering me with great blessings