Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Time Blogger

Hello all,
I'm not really good at expressing my thoughts and feelings. I am a person who normally keeps my feeling to myself. Not that I don't want to share, I just don't always think I have anything interesting to say or share. Believe me there is alot going on in my head!! My friend Candi suggested I start blogging so here I am. I went to her page and cried then I went to her friends and read thier posts and cried some more. There is so much to learn from other people. It is so nice to read how God works in other people's life.
So I am really glad Christmas is over. I like Christmas, it has always been one of my favorite times of the year but it seems like the older I get and the older my kids get the harder it is. I just wish I could do all the things I want to do for the boys and for the people that mean so much to me. I lost my Grandmother 5 years ago on Christmas day. I miss her alot. She was an angel on earth. I can't wait to see her again. I can't tell you how many times I have just wanted to smell her or to touch her hands. I know that sounds weird but hopefully it's understandable.
My dad isn't doing so well with his knees. Last Friday the roof was flying off one of his sheds. He called Michael to come help him fix it but Michael was not home. I guess my dad thought he could do it himself and fell off the ladder. He hurt both knees. He had knee replacement surgery on one knee a couple of years ago. We almost lost him then. He got a blood clot and a staph infection. Anyway, he has been a little stubborn on going to the doctor. Now he REALLY needs to go and can't get in until Wednesday. Needless to say he needs prayers. I pray that God eases his pain and that Daddy forgives himself for crawling up that ladder.
Today I learned that just because something or somebody is not important to me does not mean that it is not important to someone else.

Love always,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    I understand what you mean about missing your grandmother. It will be 13 years in February since I lost my Mema Lancaster. It never gets easier, but you seem to cope better, but for me the last 2 years have been the toughest! I wish she would have been here for my wedding, to meet Eric, to experience my first pregnancy, her first great grandchild, through the NICU journey, but you know how I look at it....I know that Makennah had the BEST guardian angel that she could ever have. I never shared this, but I always seemed to be at ease when I left Makennah because I knew that my Mema would be there with her. Somehow I would wake up during the middle of night with a feeling that somebody woke me up to tell me to call the NICU and my gut would be right. That's not a coincidence - that's a God thing! Think of ways like that to remember her and let her spirit live on!

    Papa Tom will be in our prayers! I hope he doesn't beat himself up too bad!

    Oh....AND WELCOME TO THE BLOG WORLD!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the mother of two teenage boys. I have worked for Sprint for 10 years. I love my family. I thank God for showering me with great blessings